There exist a multitude of fire weather resources available. Here, we aim to provide a concise and organized overview of these resources to enable quick and easy access for the public. **We are actively updating this page, so make sure to come back soon!**
Fuels & Vegetation
- USFS National Fuel Moisture Database
- Provides updated fuel moisture content data across different agencies.
- WFAS 10-, 100-, and 1000-hour fuel moistures
- Dead fuel moisture maps produced by the USFS WFAS.
Fire Status/Active Fires
- An interagency incident information management system.
- California statewide map of major incidents that CalFire is managing or assisting with.
- USDA FS Large Indidents
- Interactive national map of large incidents with data provided by the NICC.
- Fire Detection Maps
- Fire detection maps derived from MODIS, VIIRS, AVHRR and GOES.
- Air Quality
- Air quality information pertaining to North American fires from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Severe Fire Wx Potential Mapping System (USFS - WFAS)
- Provides map of severe fire weather potential across the contiguous U.S. Derived from the National Digital Forecast Database (NDFD) in combination with RAWS observations.
- Haines Index (WFAS)
- Daily map of Haines Index values across the contiguous U.S.
- Storm Prediction Center (SPC) Fire Weather Outlooks
- Fire weather outlooks up to 8 days ahead produced by NOAA's SPC, as well as additional fire weather forecast tools.
- National Fire Danger Rating System (NFDRS)
- National daily observed/forecast Fire Danger Ratings maps.
- GACC Outlooks
- Contains links to 7-day, monthly and seasonal Significant Fire Potential outlooks for each Geographic Area Coordination Center (GACC), and nationally.
- Daily Probabilistic Significant Fire Forecast
- Daily probabilistic map of significant fire given ignition in the Western U.S.
- NWS National Warnings & Hazards
- An interactive tool displaying watches and warnings issued by the NWS, useful for the display of Fire Weather Watches and Red Flag Warnings. Additionally, you can overlay forecasts, surface observations, satellite imagery and radar.
- National Weather Service
- Homepage of the NWS. A national NWS forecast map may be viewed here.
- MesoWest (University of Utah)
- National interactive map showing current and past surface weather observations from numerous networks, including: NWS (National Weather Service), RAWS (Fire), SNOTEL (Mountain/snow), CWOP (Citizen Weather Observer Program).
- MODIS Satellite Imagery
- Updated MODIS satellite imagery by state for the contiguous U.S.
- VIIRS Satellite Imagery
- Updated VIIRS satellite imagery by state for the contiguous U.S.
- Dry Lightning
- Daily national maps of observed dry lightning produced by the USFS WFAS.
- U.S. Drought Monitor
Statistics & Past Fire Information